If the graphics load is too much then perhaps the answer is more
agressive use of LOD and simpler models.

Josh

What sort of FPS does everyone get? I get about 10-15 on a fairly grunty laptop with 0.9.9 windows version and at 7 - 11fps with the CVS version compiled with Cygwin. I can run MSFS2004 with more detailed scenery locked at 30fps with out problem.

Nigel