On Mon, 15 May 2006 16:35:08 -0500, Curtis wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Arnt Karlsen wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 15 May 2006 20:43:32 +0200, Stefan wrote in message
> ><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >

> > > That may be a problem, that could affect FGLive, too:
> > > http://trends.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=06/05/15/1451229&from=rss
> > >

> > ..nope, all we need to do is kick out the ATI and Nvidea proprietary
> > binaries and set up scripts to download them if anyone needs them.
> >

> Well, without graphics drivers then what's the point.  Does it make
> sense to download them and install them every time you boot; is this
> even possible when running off cd?  What about issues of net access
> (or  the potential lack there of.)

..we do have the right to distribute the GPL ati and radeon drivers
under the GPL.  This is a very strong reason Nvidea would consider
honoring our question to distribute their proprietary binary drivers
favorably, or watch ATI get all the FGLive business on GPL drivers.

..we need only ask them, and then ATI, and in that sequence.  ;o)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: