Finally, please make sure you remove *all* traces of FlightGear and
SimGear from you system before doing a

Durk Talsma wrote:
 > Lou Sanchez-Chopitea wrote:
 > > I have assembled a box based on a Tyan MB with two Athlon MP 2000+
 > > with 2GB of ram, running Fedora Core 5. I get segfaults in both
 > > the yum installed FG and a local version built from sources.  Has
 > > anyone encountered problems (or success) on dual processor
 > > systems?
 >
 > About two weeks ago, I posted a valgrind error log on the list, which you can
 > find here: http://durktalsma.xs4all.nl/valgrind.log

Note that both the X11 libraries and NVIDIA libGL implementation
generate a huge stream of (apparently benign) uninitialized memory
reads.  You will need to filter them out if you want to get any use
out of valgrind.  But the general answer to your question is no:
because of FlightGear's interactive nature and the performance hit
from running under valgrind, we don't tend to run it on the fgfs
binary*.  So there are almost certainly some good bugs living in there
for someone with the energy to find them.

* Although some subsystems can be run independently.  I did a valgrind
   round on the YASim solver a while back and plugged a few leaks, for
   example.

Also, what video hardware and driver are you using, Lou?  Note that
there is a known issue with the X.org indirect OpenGL drivers that
causes a crash on startup (not that indirect rendering will work
anyway, but if you are seeing the crash you may not know this).

As to SMP, it works fine.  I'm now building and running FlightGear on
a Core 2 Duo in 64 bit mode (Ubuntu Dapper amd64) without problems.
FlightGear makes very poor use of the second CPU (our only extra
thread is just doing I/O), but it runs correctly.

Andy