Olaf Flebbe wrote:

> Can somebody confirm that the framerate with OSG is better compared to
> plib on Linux? Default c172 at KSFO, please.

I'd suggest to narrow the environment conditions to something
reproducable, because different features that people activate via
properties might have different frame rate penalties on different
setups. So I'd suggest the following if you like to compare numbers:

(Re)move _any_ hand-optimized $HOME/.fgfsrc or other preferences file,
start 'fgfs' just with:

  --timeofday=noon --prop:/sim/rendering/fps-display=true

and nothing else. This should give you a 800x600 window on Unix, wait
until the AI aircraft on 28L has just taken off the runway and now read
the fps number. This gives me approx 58/59 fps with pre-OSG and 48/49
fps with OSG on Debian AMD64 with everything compiled as 64 bit
binaries.

Regards,
        Martin.