Hi Yurik,

"Yurik V. Nikiforoff" wrote:

> This is legendary Russian aircraft. First flight was 1947.

Seen that in real life already, with a huge silencer attached to the
exhaust  :-)
The model acutally "works for me", not only with Flightgear/PLIB but
with the current OSG-based binary as well. There are still some
transparency issues with OSG, but that's a different story ....
The explanation of the startup procedure (and the procedre itself) is
extremely well done !!

One thing I'd like to have fixed before adding the aircraft to CVS is
the VRP, the Visual Reference Point. This is the point that FDM and 3D
model have to agree upon to be their common point of origin for all
geometry related operations.
With your AN-2, the FDM places the VRP close to (or maybe "at", I don't
know exactly) the center of lift whereas the 3D model has its VRP at
the nose. The result is that, when you apply big movements to the
elevator in flight, the aircraft rotates around its nose like a wagging
dog tail.

In order to fix this you have to apply an offset to the VRP that moves
the center of lift of the FDM to the same location in the 3D model.
Unfortunately I currently can't help you here because I'm trying to fix
the same issue with an aircraft that's already in CVS - and I yet
didn't succeed to do so  :-/

There's a trick to visualize the mentioned effect. Toggle an external
view, look at the aircraft from the side and activate the HUD. The
center of the HUD will point you to the FDM's center of lift. You'll
see, it's pointing to the nose of the 3D model.

Cheers,
        Martin.