Whether it violates the GPL is a matter for discussion. IMHO, it's skirting
pretty close to the line. I didn't see any notice of the GPL or some of the
finer points of it, in the offering. I believe that should be plainly
visible. More concerning to me is that the offering is misleading, and from
my reading may violate some of eBay's policies. I find this kind of thing
distasteful, but more importantly it seems to be preying on unsuspecting
buyers.

I would recommend that eBay be notified and let them decide if it violates
their own policies. Their ruling may preclude the need for an immediate
response from the FlightGear developer community.

Jon