On 12/8/06, Heiko Schulz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> But If Flightgear want to be realistic, and we want
> aircrafts showing us what happen when you do something
> wrong you can't close your eyes about this.

i see this conversation flare up on the x-plane lists from time to time.

collision detection with cows, or other planes, or buildings etc, is
quite arguably pointless as a tool for "learning".

it's candy for people who like to run into stuff.

if you collide with a big solid object in a plane in real life, you will crash.

no confirmation from the simulator is really required.

having said that, i think good collision detection modeling between
the aircraft and the ground _is_ important, as is failure modeling.

again, my $0.02.

Tony