* Melchior FRANZ -- Sunday 30 September 2007:
> If listeners are used badly and trigger bad code, then this will, of
> course, hurt the framerate. But that's not because listeners are bad.

I have to add, though, that the listener code in hsi.nas doesn't look
particularly slow, so it shouldn't cause any problems. I checked if
the properties that it writes to have listeners attached themselves,
but that's not the case.  There must be some other cause.
/me scratching head

m.  :-/