Just to make this clear: I'm not against an "Aircraft" menu,
if it isn't empty and/or non-functional in 99.9999% of the
fgfs runs. But exactly that will happen if we rush it in now.
I suggest to wait with that until after the release, which,
as everyone knows, will happen around Xmas (we just don't
know yet, in which year. :-)

* Syd&Sandy -- Saturday 24 November 2007:
> OK so in your opinion ,what would be better , a popup when
> FG starts , for aircraft that have the option for a cold start ?

Obligatory clicking on startup dialogs is a pain, and I don't
think we want that. I'd say we make an option like

  --startup-mode={parked,idle}    (or something)

This could default to idle, and everyone who doesn't like to
get his hornet dropped on the biggest runway, with a 747 in
the neck, can set it to "parked" in his/her ~/.fgfsrc.

And, additionally, one could change the startup option in the
menu. But for that it would IMHO be better to put it into a
custom menu entry for now, like some aircraft do already. And
after the release do it right and make as many aircraft as
possible respect it.

m.