* Melchior FRANZ -- Sunday 25 November 2007:
> But I don't like that the very much un-dynamic parking
> information isn't in the Airports/ dir, where it belongs, and that
> this somehow drags AI/Traffic into the game.

What about this: we create in $FG_ROOT/Airports/ a subdir with
airport files which contain all the data from apt.dat that don't
need to be in memory all the time for all airports on Earth.
So, a file  $FG_ROOT/Airports/Data/K/KSFO.xml would contain,
for example, startup positions, frequencies (in addition to
those we need in memory), etc. This would be a proper
<PropertyList> XML file and at startup or after teleporting
to a different airport it could just be loaded into the
property tree under /sim/airport/. Creating those files could
be done by a simple script.

m.