* Durk Talsma -- Sunday 25 November 2007:
> But while we're at it, wouldn't it be better to update and
> extend the parking.xml files into <PropertyList> XML, and move those to
> $FG_ROOT/Airports/Data, like you suggested?

And that sounds good to me!  :-)
Is there any information in the current parking.xml files that
wasn't extracted from apt.dat.gz? Would be easier to switch if
not. (Although later, custom additions to an airport file should
survive a new extraction script run.)

> My overarching concern with having two sets of data, one for user
> aircraft and one for AI, [...]

Yes, that would be a pain, and another not so good design decision.
I just wanted to start with something that doesn't tear down the
AI/Traffic system.

m.