On Tuesday 01 April 2008 22:39, Vivian Meazza wrote:

> So I conclude that:
> 1. There is a problem with replay,
> 2. MinGW has about the same performance gap between OSG and plib on XP as
> gcc does on Linux.
> 3. MinGW performance is probably as good as it gets.
> 4. Either MSVC8 doesn't compile such fast code as MinGW, or there is a
> setting wrong somewhere.

It's been a while ago since I last looked at at, but back in November I put a
lot of effort into optimizing the replay system's memory usage. At the time,
this was one of our prime candidates for the infamous periodic stutter bug.
Because we were aiming for a release, I placed the job of forward porting
these changes to CVS/HEAD rather low on my TODO list. I thought I had already
finished most of these ports, but it is possible this one still remains to be
done. I will have a look.

Anyways, it looks like it is possible that CVS/HEAD has a much less efficient
replay system than CVS/PLIB.

Cheers,
Durk