We need to define the autopilot properly and define its behaviour.

At it's most basic I expect the autpoilot to fullfil the following
functions.

1) maintain a heading - ie go that way direction - this "jerks"
violently in the sim
2) Altitude hold - this works, and on the motion platform it works and cool
3) speed - this is working cool

My bone of contention is that I cant "jerks" the sim to a new bank
angle, setting a new Flight Level works sweet.. So the sim is certainly
to blame as it would be impossible to move that quickly in a physical thing.

Expected is for one to tip the joystick, mouse, bigStick to a turn angle
and its real ie some drag time

Engaging the autopilot causes the actual aircraft to violently turn to
bank angle..

The sim needs to damp down the autopilot inputs to being the same as
real control.

pete
is going to bed ad think about it a bit more. os I think its a sim issue
and NOT a motion issue. Ie I couldnt turn an airfraft that way if I
wanted to..