On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 10:20 PM, John Denker <j...@av8n.com> wrote:
> On 02/08/2010 10:58 AM, Geoff McLane wrote:
>
>> If you had read the screen during the
>> ./configure ... step you would have seen
>> something like :-
>> Checking for osgGetVersion in -losg: no
>> That 'no' is a 'clear indication' of trouble
>> pending...
>
> I'm telling you, again, that statement is completely
> false.  No such indication, clear or otherwise, is
> observed chez moi when reproducing the bug I am
> talking about.  A detailed typescript of the
> configuration step can be found at
>  http://www.av8n.com/fly/fgfs/bad-configure.logg

I think you two are looking at different config.log files. Geoff is
talking about FlightGear itself and you, John, about SimGear.
Apparently SimGear's configure script isn't as pedantic as
FlightGear's and doesn't check for the presence of the libraries. It
is really only a problem because it tries to build "proptest" -
otherwise, to just create the simgear libraries, it wouldn't need to
link against OSG. The relevant parts from FlightGear's configure
script could be applied to SimGear - assuming they are working, of
course.

By the way, I have already suggested putting the test programs into a
separate make target. I am not saying that as a fix to the current
problem - even though as a side effect it would allow a build without
OSG libraries.

--
Csaba/Jester