James Sleeman wrote:

> That's what a "dense forest" should look like.
> And that grass textures!
> And look at the shadow when they fly along lowly, that slightly bumpy
> ground surface.

As soon as we're having proper OSG-based shadows in FlightGear, I don't
see why the same effects couldn't be done here as well.

> These are the 3 biggest things I've always been ultimately disappointed
> by in any flight sim.

Dense forests are possible by tweaking the 'tree-density' parameter in
'materials.xml' and nice grass textures, well, need someone to care for
the textures. It's as simple as that.
If we stop scaring developers away, then we're certainly having a
chance of getting even better textures than we currently have  :-)

Cheers,
        Martin.