On 21 Nov 2010, at 01:43, Heiko Schulz wrote:

>> Noticeable, but the previous release didn't even have such
>> an effect
>> did it? And it is simply too awesome to not release just
>> because it is
>> slightly, but noticeably, misaligned :)
>
> I prefer fixing instead of releasing

There's a key point here - in the past, people only test release builds -
despite pre-relases being made Part of the hope of Hudson, though I didn't get
it working yet, is to make it trivial to produce pre-release binaries. Once we
do that, people (that's people 'not developers') need to test them, and submit
bugs. If you aren't a coder, and want to make FG better, that's the single most
useful thing you can do. The only QA resource we have, to make the official
releases better, is the end users. That's not ideal, but it's how it goes.

(The annual stable release cycle also hinders us here, but that's another thing
we can hopefully improve by making stable releases happen a bit more often -
one month after the 2.0 release, Git/CVS was in a much better, more stable
state than the 2.0 release)

In the meantime, test the nightlies, or your own build, or any other recent
build,  and *file bugs* - and be prepared to re-test them, or check which open
bugs you filed are still hanging around three months later.  If it's a crash,
provide a stack-trace, or some consistent steps to reproduce the crash.

Regards,
James