On Saturday, June 18, 2011 01:17:10 AM Vivian Meazza wrote:
> Hal,
>

> Since the dialog seems to be fundamentally broken, and in view of the
> freeze that has been declared on fgdata, I won't be merging this
> immediately. I'll see if I can fix up the Nasal errors, and then review
> the situation.
>

> Vivian

Vivian,

Beyond commenting out the calls related to the menu I made some other changes
to the nasal code including adding a reimplementation of controls.ptt() and a
new listener for the tr-lock along with correcting other issues with the code
(references to systems/comm were changed to instruments/comm and some of the
code had logic errors).   At this point with the menu related stuff commented
out it all works and no error or warning messages are produced.

Everything else that is new is in the xml file which is now approaching 680
lines.  I still need to add illumination animations for the new components
(fittings/connectors) on the bottom if the control box so it may be over 700
lines when this is all in place.  All of the items in the xml are animations
of some sort.

I am not even close to being proficient on the menu part of this since the only
FG related menu I have ever made was the P-51D specific menu.  This is a very
simple menu that does mostly very simple things (IE. it is a list of things
that the user can choose to enable/disable like loading rockets or drop tanks)
and this is a standalone menu not something that is a replacement for a
standard menu item.     So it is a very different beast from the radio menu.

The radio can be used as is and is fully functional.  The only issue is that
it is limited to the VHF frequencies that were programmed into comm1 and comm2
at startup.  Users could setup some property over rides for these in fgrun or
on the command line to setup the four VHF channels for their flight plan or
change these using the property browser.  This would actually be more
realistic but less convenient than having a menu to change these since in the
real thing you can't change the installed frequencies other than having a
radio tech do this on the ground.  That is the radio needs to have new
crystals installed and then be tuned up/adjusted for the changed frequencies.
So it is worth while getting the new version integrated into your Spit even if
it will not be part of GIT until after the freeze.  In the mean time maybe we
can figure out the menu stuff.  I will have this in my fgdata clone later today.

Hal