On Friday, June 17, 2011 11:33:29 AM Hal V. Engel wrote:
> On Sunday, June 12, 2011 03:07:25 AM Vivian Meazza wrote:
> > Hal,

snip

> I grabbed your code off of GIT and did some minor mods to it mostly to
> point things at the right locations.  The menu XML is currently
> unmodified.  I am trying to get it to work but I am getting loadxml errors
> from Nasal when I hit the
>
> var radio = gui.Dialog.new("dialog",
>
> "Aircraft/Instruments-3d/SCR-522C/Dialogs/radios.xml")
>
> line of code.  The error message says:
>
> loadxml: reading '<full path to the above file>' denied (unauthorized
> access) Nasal runtime error: Dialog class: XML dialog mush have <name>

From mfranz on the forums I learned that this should not be happening and that
it could be an issue with the "loadxml" fgcommand when using --fg-aircraft.
My fg-aircraft path is showing up in the log in the IORules/READ: line when I
have --log-level=info set.  I am running GIT from about 3 weeks ago.

> > That's all looking good. Can we get it into Git soon?
snip

I now have everything except the menu working.  The 3D model is complete
although the texturing of the fittings on the bottom of the unit is crude (but
these are not visible in most installations).  All of the controls have hot
spots and the radio control unit can be fully manipluated with a mouse.
Everything appears to be working correctly including how the ptt works with a
remote ptt switch.   All of the lights are functional and so is the dimming
mask.

I will be pushing this to my gitorious fgdata copy tomorrow along with some
other P-51D updates after I make sure that everything is tested again.  WIth
the freeze I don't know if I will be able to get this into GIT but the radio
has been in GIT for some time so perhaps I can.  Once it is in my gitoriious
copy of fgdata you can grab it for your Spitfire work.  In the mean time
perhaps some one here might know how to get the radio menu working or perhaps
have some ideas about things that can be tried.

Hal