On Sunday, June 12, 2011 03:07:25 AM Vivian Meazza wrote:
> Hal,
>

> On page 9 I see what I think is the mask in place over  the channel lights
> with the small hole over the channel visible - compare and contrast that
> with the photos that we have found with the in the day position. Page 9
> also shows the T/R/REM. light unmasked. The words on page 24 also imply
> this to be the case. But see my comments lower down

snip

> Not quite in line - but yes it would not have been difficult to have
> extended the mask to cover all lamps - and I agree that it would be logical
> for this to be the case.

snip

> Too much info - does that photo show the dimmer mask in the down position?
> I think so, it looks as if I am wrong about the hole theory - the blue is
> transparent mask over - what?  Perhaps a more transparent blue mask? The
> T/R lamp is not masked.  But I'm not sure that we want to introduce a
> transparency in our model - bad for framerate. We can easily fix things to
> look right without transparency.

I think the mask is between the "lens" and the light bulb and is not visible
from the outside.   If that is the case then changing it's possition would not
change how these looked other than how bright they are when lit.

I think you are right about not using transparency and that the needed affect
can be done using object illumination animation settings in the models XML
file.  So it appears that the mask can be removed from the model which reduces
the number of vertices significantly.

The other related open question is which way does the level move to open or
close the mask?

snip

> That's all looking good. Can we get it into Git soon?\

Soon yes but at the moment I am swamped with other stuff.  But I will try to
get to it and "finish" it in the next few days.