Hi.

> Here is a random thought: what if the polygon data was painted onto a raster
> texture (of some "sufficient" resolution) in correct bottom up order, rather
> than being clipped.   Then at the end of the process we figure out how to
> extract the resulting polygons from the raster image.  This would completely
> eliminate the polygon clipping (although not for the airport generation I
> guess) but would require solving another difficult problem.

I've been thinking that we should use integers (or "fixed point") for
vertices when processing scenery. With sufficiently long integers
(say, 32 or even 64 bits on newer machines?) the precision could be in
millimeter level, even on a world scale. At least if I calculated
correctly ;)

The pro side would be that all calculations on integers are well
defined, and degenerate cases would be easier to detect, without using
any epsilons.

I don't know whether the clippers support that, but at least some do
work on integers only. Any comments on this?

Lauri, a.k.a Zan
--
Lauri Peltonen
lauri.pelto...@gmail.com