On 28 Dec 2011, at 16:04, Frederic Bouvier wrote:

>>   GL_MAX_TEXTURE_UNITS_ARB = 8
>>   GL_MAX_TEXTURE_COORDS_ARB = 8
>
> It looks like the texture unit of the noise texture is beyond the limits of
> your card

Indeed. What I find strange (but probably due to lack of knowledge) is that the
card is documented to have considerably more texture units than this, and
there's another limit which seems to suggest that:

        GL_MAX_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS_ARB = 16

(in the vertex shader section)

I guess there's an intrinsic difference between 'regular' texture units,
presumably addressable via the various texture API calls, and image units
available to a shader?

James