> > Pushing most of the haze shader computation from the vertex to the
> > fragment level would seem to suggest an approximately constant cost
> > for the haze for the same view regardless of scenery complexity since
> > the number of hazy fragments remain about the same.
>
> Thanks for the explanations - that was *really* helpful to understand
> what is going on.

FWIW, I saw with gDebugger that the sky dome is made of more than 23000
vertices, even if a small amount of them are really displayed on screen.

In Rembrandt, several pass are done on 1/16th of the size of the screen
(1/4th of each dimension), relying on the mag filter to cover the whole
screen. This is the case of the blur pass in the AO or Bloom effects.

Regards,
-Fred