Adrian Musceac wrote:

> Currently there are a number of airports with missing goundnetwork files,
> with
> the obvious consequence that AI aircraft are placed on top of eachother at
> startup, they do not use taxiways, and the ATC manager cannot assign a taxi
> route to the player (also this taxi route can't be visually displayed).
>
> Now, my question: is there a way to create a list of airports which are
> missing the groundnetworks, without downloading the whole scenery?
> If there is none yet, perhaps we can create it using a script (which could be
> run periodically on the global scenery)?

I'm not too motivated to write such a script, simply because there's no
benefit in it for myself, but I'd be willing to run it on The
MapServer, if it helps.  Anyhow, from my perspective the solution to
the problem should be a more generic one.

First, the easiest way to get a list of airfield without ground network
would be to fetch our list of all airfield and exclude just those few !
where a ground network is available.  Isn't that much cheaper than
scanning the entire World Scenery ?  ;-)

Second, the "generic" solution I'd have in mind would be a completely
different one: Ask the AI system to delay the appearance of the next
aircraft as long as the startup position is occupied, sort AI aircraft
for each startup position by departure time.
I think that's a much more elegant approach and saves you from the
impractical and error-prone overhead of maintaining data about other
data not being available.

Cheers,
        Martin.