Hi Adrian,

Adrian Musceac wrote:

> I think scanning the airport list obtained with terrasync should do?

Indeed, the "index.txt" file is supposed to list all airports in the
(TerraSync-) World Scenery.  Note that this is different from the list
which is provided in the Apt.Dat file at:

  http://mapserver.flightgear.org/apt.dat.gz

The latter includes several new airports which still have not been
built for the main scenery.

> For an even more advanced solution, airports which use the new 850 apt.dat
> format have line data for taxiway/routes marking. Of course, using this data
> would definetly be a lot harder [...]

.... especially when you consider the fact that v8.50 taxiway markings
are not required to meet any constraint of making topological sense.
To put it boldly, they're just supposed to look nice (similar to OSM
road data !?  ;-)

Cheers,
        Martin.