Christian Schmitt wrote:
> Martin Spott wrote:
>
>> Any volunteer(s) ?  Proper representation of ground network nodes as
>> PostGIS (actually OGC) geometry data type preferred.
>>

> Apparently you don't want any 850 centerlines as a base for this, which
> would be easy as gdal imports 850 data directly into Postgis, as you surely
> know :)

I do, I've been the first real user of the "xplane" driver in GDAL -
except from Even himself  :-)
BTW, I didn't say I "don't want any 850 centerlines as a base for
this".  I just wanted to make clear that there's a trap hiding because
you can't rely on v8.50 centerlines being topologically reasonable -
simply because there's no constraint enforcing proper topology.
Ask OSM folks about the big surprise they experienced when they first
tried to build routing on top of their road network.  It's the same
with v8.50 centerlines.

If you'd like to develop automated creation and maintenance of ground
networks in PostGIS on the basis of X-Plane v8.50, then please
negotiate with Durk and go ahead - you know how the database works.

Cheers,
        Martin.