On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 5:19 PM, Emilian Huminiuc wrote:
> Pushed a fix for #650 into master.

Great. I'll try it out shortly. Thanks very much for looking at this.

> If we're on the subject of materials*.xml:
>
> 1. could Construction, Industrial, Port be split from Urban/BuiltUpCover as
> they are now in materials-dds.xml?

Yes - this is on my ToDo list.

> 2. We should remove big-apartment.ac from the urban areas. It's rather ugly,
> out of scale and pretty much pops up everywhere :(.

I'll check the scaling, and reduce the frequency. I personally quite
like the combination
of the urban shader and some additional random object (churches,
apartments etc.)

> 3. For urban/town areas I would do the same with water-tower.ac (for the
> same reasons as #2).
This is probably a bug from me not keeping materials-dds.xml and materials.xml
in step.  water-tower.ac should be present for towns, but not urban areas.

> 4. If we do #1 then we could limit oil-tanks.ac to those areas. Now you've
> got an oil-tank popping up in every village. (wish I had one of those in my
> backyard :P ).

Absolutely. I'm also going to get rid of one of the industrial models
that currently
covers a huge area with four or five separate buildings.  With the new masking,
this is better handled by placing individual buildings separately.

FYI I'm also going to reduce the saturation of some of the woodland textures.
At present they are a real "emerald" green, and over-saturated in my
experience.

-Stuart