On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 12:05 PM, James Turner wrote:
> Performance drop is roughly linear in the building density, though I won't
> claim it's strictly linear. Given that this is an Ati 5770, I would be
> *extremely* surprised if I'm fill-rate limited.
>
> Very suspicious.

Have you tried areas other than Berlin?

I must admit that I've only tested Edinburgh and San Francisco, which
may simply not have as much Urban area as Berlin.  I'll try Berlin
when I get the chance, but could you see if the same problem occurs at
EGPH and KSFO?

Also, there is a significant slow-down in scenery loading.  Is it
possible that background scenery loading might be affecting your
framerates (though I note that you've previously said that the
increase is in GPU and Draw time).

-Stuart