> At the moment it seems to me that FG requirements are increasing faster
> than the performance of affordable computers.

I can't confirm that. The 'bare' current binary (= all shaders off) runs even a
bit faster for me than previous releases.

I think one clearly needs to distinguish between requirements to run fgfs and
requirements to put all shaders to maximum, run dense AI traffic in the
background and have goodies like movable jetways. The requirements for all
shaders to max. are clearly growing quite fast.

I agree that for this question, a standardized benchmark would be useful.

* Thorsten