On Tue, 11 Dec 2012 14:20:58 +0200
Adrian Musceac wrote:

> My suggestion is to include this feature, leave it off, and let anyone
> interested turn it on.

I can't comment on the actual code, but from the repeated detailed descriptions
of what it actually does, I think it would be a very great pity if it weren't
seriously considered for inclusion.  More than that, I can't see why it
shouldn't be turned on by default (assuming the performance hit isn't
significant) - isn't realism and accuracy what FlightGear is all about?  I know
that I've sometimes added what most people would think as silly details my
models, things that possibly almost nobody has ever noticed... but it all helps
to model reality which is the end objective after all!

Cheers,

AJ