I'm not a developer here, I just maintain one of the mirror sites.

I would like to comment here a bit.

Over the years I've seen several folks who contributed lots to the
project leave after disputes over one thing or another.

I'd hate to see this lead to something like that!

I personally agree with these points, and the final one in particular:

<snip>

> Please consider that having realistic radio navigation according to terrain
> would be as far as I know a unique feature for any flightsimulator I've seen.
> To refuse to add such a realism enhancing feature would be quite illogic to

<snip>

> I know you are a pilot, fellow amateur radio operator and one of the leaders
> of the project. So please don't say that you would refuse a realism
> increasing
> option, which would not even have to be on by default, and which is not
> present in any other flightsim that I know of. It would be illogic, and would
> limit the options of using Flightgear in other environments, like research
> projects, university, aeronautical radio. It would also make a discouraging
> statement vs. contributing to Flightgear.

<snip>

> My suggestion is to include this feature, leave it off, and let anyone
> interested turn it on.

Regards:

jj

http://kingmont.com