On Wed, 27 Feb 2013, Renk Thorsten wrote:

> Following a forum discussion, I finally became curious and tested the
> FSX demo version yesterday. I've spent about two hours flight with it,
> testing 3 different planes (the ultralight, the Baron and the Learjet)
> and had a look at different weather conditions and daytimes around TNCM.

[great review snipped]

Renk, you should take a look at the default Cessna 172 in FG and it's mate
in FSX.  The FSX version wipes the floor with the FG version with respect
to the cockpit model.

One thing I'd really like to see put together is a "The Hidden Secrets of
FlightGear" page that illustrates all the little bits that people aren't
necessarily aware of.  Things like the hard science behind a lot of the
things FG tries to get right that "other" simulation software completely
ignores or fakes poorly.

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007