Good point.  But I've taken this same flight/aircraft on my OSX machine and the DME works fine.

As far as the terrain being dark all around, I don't know.  I downloaded the latest NVDIA drivers, played with differnt settings in the display.  The only thing I didn't do was choose the specific monitor.  It's listed as a standard plug and play monitor.  (Dell monitor that came with the Dell box.)
Would that make the difference?  I have a Compaq presario at home with XP and don't have this problem.

Minott Opdyke
SCT
Rose Elementary School
432-2495

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 03:09, Minot Opdyke wrote:

>2 - the DME was not accurate.  the ADF, for example, correcly lead me
>to the beacon, but the DME distances were way off.

Probably the DME transmitter is not at the same location as the NBD
transmitter.

DME is a separate transmitter.  It doesn't have to be co-located with
another navigation transmitter (which is often (usually?) a VOR).

Nick