I'm considering doing an "update" of my version 0.9.8
which I installed after its release in February.  At
that time I installed plib, simgear, and FG through
CVS checkout of source and data to my system running
linux (FC2).  The previous few full installs
(configure, make, make install) I've done in the past
have gone well, and after 15-20 minutes of issuing
commands everything usually works.

Can anyone give me a few pros and cons to doing an
update?

I believe the command is update after logging in to
cvs, correct?  What is the exact syntax?

Are there lots of nifty new additions to the sim that
suggest I might want to do the update?

I'm really pretty happy right now flying 0.9.8 as it
was released.  Want to be sure I know what I'm doing
before trying to update (and maybe screw up what I
have now...).

Cheers,
Mike