On 04/10/2005 at 13:16 Kevin Jones wrote:

>OpenAL.  According to the docs on the web page I need to install the
>Win32 version of OpenAL.  I can see a directory that seems to have
>some files for MSVC but I can't see any inherent support for compiling
>under Cygwin.

OK, that's your first problem - you need to download our customised
pre-compiled(?) OpenAL for Cygwin from:

ftp://ftp.ihg.uni-duisburg.de/FlightGear/Win32/openal_cyg.tgz

I see that the Cygwin section of the installation and getting started html
doc on the flightgear.org site is dreadfully out of date - there's no
mention of openal, and metakit (no longer used) is still described.  Which
documentation about Cygwin compiling are you reading?

Perhaps you could make a note of all the problems and solutions you have on
the way to a sucessfull Cygwin compile, and I'll try and give the docs a
good going over when you've finished.

Cheers - Dave