On 04/15/13 14:28, Ian MacArthur wrote:

> On 15 Apr 2013, at 22:13, Greg Ercolano wrote:

>>> I am not used to create a STR. I did not create one.
>>
>>      Ian; he included the patch here on fltk.dev at the head of this thread.
>

> Oh, OK.
> I had the sense, from what he was saying, that there were changes to the
> patch - David and I discussed this patch a few days back, and I think he was
> tweaking things about, so I wanted to see where we have got to.
>
> I also wanted to take a peak at the icon, so I thought that posting all the
> bits to an STR would be the easiest option.
> Also, would make it easy for others to pitch in...

        Ah, OK, yes, agreed it's time for an STR.

        FWIW, and as a separate issue, I *think* the .rc file can be a simple
        one liner. (I'm all about simplicity and understanding everything in
        the files I build)

        For instance, with sudoku, it seems I can change the sudoku.rc
        file to just contain:

101  ICON    DISCARDABLE     "sudoku.ico"

        ..and in the sudoku.cxx:

icon((char *)LoadIcon(fl_display, MAKEINTRESOURCE(101)));

        ..and I think that would get rid of the need for a sudokurc.h file,
        and shortens the .rc file quite a bit.

        So with those two things, one can compile from the command line
        (I use gmake scripts); To compile the one line sudoku.rc -> sudoku.res:

rc -r sudoku.rc

        ..and to link:

link [..] sudoku.obj sudoku.res [..]

        ..and then the resulting exe shows up in the browser with the icon,
        and when executed, the titlebar shows the icon as well.

        This change seems to work within the vs IDE as well.

        So perhaps fluid could be just as simple.
        Just seems like "the shorter the better", but I really don't
        know what all that other cruft is in those files. Heh, does anyone,
really? :P