>       FWIW, and as a separate issue, I *think* the .rc file can be a
> simple
>       one liner. (I'm all about simplicity and understanding everything
> in
>       the files I build)
>
>       For instance, with sudoku, it seems I can change the sudoku.rc
>       file to just contain:
>
> 101  ICON    DISCARDABLE     "sudoku.ico"
>
>       ..and in the sudoku.cxx:

Yup - that was one of the things David and I had discussed. I think he was
going to try and reduce the .rc/.h files in the patch to a bare minimum, much
as you are suggesting.

> icon((char *)LoadIcon(fl_display, MAKEINTRESOURCE(101)));
>
>       ..and I think that would get rid of the need for a sudokurc.h
> file,
>       and shortens the .rc file quite a bit.

Though I'm uneasy about just assuming the value is 101 - in principle we could
make it something else... (though likely never would!)

>       So with those two things, one can compile from the command line
>       (I use gmake scripts); To compile the one line sudoku.rc ->
> sudoku.res:
>
> rc -r sudoku.rc
>
>       ..and to link:
>
> link [..] sudoku.obj sudoku.res [..]
>
>       ..and then the resulting exe shows up in the browser with the
> icon,
>       and when executed, the titlebar shows the icon as well.
>
>       This change seems to work within the vs IDE as well.
>
>       So perhaps fluid could be just as simple.
>       Just seems like "the shorter the better",

I was thinking we'd just try and make it match the pattern set by the Sudoku
example, for consistency?

>    but I really don't
>       know what all that other cruft is in those files. Heh, does
> anyone, really? :P

I very doubt it...

Selex ES Ltd
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14
3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132