From: John Zabroski <johnzabro...@gmail.com>
To: Fundamentals of New Computing <fonc@vpri.org>
Sent: Thu, July 8, 2010 8:44:05 AM
Subject: Re: [fonc] goals

I personally do not believe technology actually improves lives.  Usually, it is
the opposite.  Technology creates instant gratification and addiction to it
thereof, and the primary reason we are so addicted to technology is because we
have become so empty inside.

For me, new computing is about putting yourself directly in the pathway of the
consequences of your actions.  Do not invent technology if you are unwilling to
do this.  Otherwise, you will ultimately influence, but never produce, anything
worth getting truly excited about.  You'll just end up making society more
empty
than it already is.

Cheers,
Z-Bo