As I understand it, Frank is an experiment that is an extended version of DBJr
that sits atop lesserphic, which sits atop gezira which sits atop nile, which
sits atop maru all of which which utilise ometa and the "worlds" idea.

If you look at the http://vpri.org/html/writings.php page you can see a pattern
of progression that has emerged to the point where Frank exists. From what I
understand, maru is the finalisation of what began as pepsi and coke. Maru is a
simple s-expression language, in the same way that pepsi and coke were. In
fact, it looks to have the same syntax. Nothing is the layer underneath that is
essentially a symbolic computer - sitting between maru and the actual machine
code (sort of like an LLVM assembler if I've understood it correctly).

They've hidden Frank in plain sight. He's a patch-together of all their
experiments so far... which I'm sure you could do if you took the time to
understand each of them and had the inclination. They've been publishing as
much as they could all along. The point, though, is you have to understand each
part. It's no good if you don't understand it.

If you know anything about Alan & VPRI's work, you'd know that their focus is
on getting children this stuff in front as many children as possible, because
they have so much more ability to connect to the heart of a problem than
adults. (Nothing to do with age - talking about minds, not bodies here). Adults
usually get in the way with their "stuff" - their "knowledge" sits like a kind
of a filter, denying them the ability to see things clearly and directly
connect to them unless they've had special training in relaxing that filter. We
don't know how to be simple and direct any more - not to say that it's
impossible. We need children to teach us meta-stuff, mostly this direct way of
experiencing and looking, and this project's main aim appears to be to provide
them (and us, of course, but not as importantly) with the tools to do that.
Adults will come secondarily - to the degree they can't embrace new stuff ;-).
This is what we need as an entire populace - to increase our general
understanding - to reach breakthroughs previously not thought possible, and
fast. Rather than changing the world, they're providing the seed for children
to change the world themselves.

This is only as I understand it from my observation. Don't take it as gospel or
even correct, but maybe you could use it to investigate the parts of frank a
little more and with in-depth openness :) The entire project is an
experiment... and that's why they're not coming out and saying "hey guys this
is the product of our work" - it's not a linear building process, but an
intensively creative process, and most of that happens within oneself before
any results are seen (rather like boiling a kettle).

http://www.vpri.org/vp_wiki/index.php/Main_Page

On the bottom of that page, you'll see a link to the tinlizzie site that
references "experiment" and the URL has dbjr in it... as far as I understand
it, this is as much frank as we've been shown.

http://tinlizzie.org/dbjr/

:)
Julian