I am interested in the embedded uses of Maru, so I cannot comment on
"how to get from here to a Frank-like GUI".  I have no idea how many
others on this list are interested in the Internet of Things (IoT),
but I expect parts of Frank will be useful in that space.  Maybe 5kLOC
will bring up a connected, smart sensor system, rather than the 20kLOC
target VPRI have in mind for a programming system.

David