On Mon, 09 Jul 2001 12:47:02 Arved Sandstrom wrote:
> Not only all of the above, but we need to ensure that areas actually have
>
> all the properties they are supposed to have. OK, there is still the
> question, do you really want to add a property to foproperties.xml just
> so
> you can print it out, even if it's essentially unused, and I don't have a
>
> good answer to that one, because it could result in confusion. But I am
> thinking more of things like area-class, generated-by, returned-by,
> is-reference-area, is-last, is-first...all things on which we are really
> spotty.

Of course I just added all the properties (String only) to the
foproperties.xml a moment before. I figured its such a pain to read them
all it would be better to have them all in there.
If need be we could comment them out or change the type to NotImplemented
or something.

> I am probably going to be adding is-first and is-last because I need it
> in
> some spots anyway, for fixing a situation that causes errors with
> break-before="page" and break-after="page".
>
> Just as a heads up, I am going to be writing some test validation scripts
>
> for pagination test cases. My thought is to use a single XML in
> conjunction
> with XSLT to run all of the actual test cases (I prefer to leave the
> current
> pagination examples as examples, and not use them in tests), and then to
> write some simple, efficient Perl and/or Python to process the area tree.
>
> Any guidance on how you would like to see stuff organized is welcome.

It sounds like you are talking about some post-processing of the area tree
output with a particular focus on pages (numbering, layout ...).

My immediate thought is that we could take full advantage of the xml
structure. For example, using xpath to make selections on the xml and
verify parts of the data. In this way we could have markers in the xml
which help with the selection.

It would be good if the testsuite.dtd could be followed if it is
appropriate in this case.