At 08:29 AM 7/17/01 +0200, Keiron Liddle wrote:
>>From what I have seen so far we are never going to get a common code style.
>I usually format the code but that doesn't mean it will stay that way and
>there are a lot of files. eg. Arved committed in some of the Marker code
>with tabs to replace the spaces (musn't have been using the right text
>editor).

I should have said, _one_ of the text editors I use does that. :-) Using
another text editor I am as guilty as the next fellow (although I have to
look more closely; the editor may be able to do the conversion).

We should, in theory, be able to use the cvswrappers mechanism (or module
options) to run a style tool on a file when it is committed (or in a number
of other cases). I can investigate this. I'd suggest that we divvy up the
existing code, and use style tools of our choice, in our working copies, to
clean up the code, and re-commit; future commits can be adjusted using the
cvswrappers mechanism.

Regards,
Arved

Fairly Senior Software Type