>I've been spending a lot of time lately with Docbook and XSL-FO as part
>of the ongoing development of my next book, Processing XML with Java. To
>that end, I've been putting the various XSL-FO engines on the market
>through their paces. I'm trying to find one that will actually let me
>produce the complete, finished book from my Docbook source code and Norm
>Walsh's XSLT-to-XSL-FO stylesheet. I thought I'd share my experiences
>here.

It's not FO-based, but I've been experimenting with ReportMill, which was
originally for use with WebObjects but is not (more or less) accessible via
Java. It looks pretty promising but I don't think it's geared toward long
structured documents.

Steve Lane
Vice President
Chris Moyer Consulting, Inc.