--- Bill Lawrence <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> There are several reasons for not converting the .eps graphics to a
> bitmapped format:

Yes - I agree, we had a bitmap logo which looks fine when being previewed on screen,
but using an SVG vector graphic was much clearer when printed out.

I didn't spot whether you had looked into using Adobe Illustrator 9 to load the EPS
files and then save them as SVG. It may not do so perfectly but it is worth looking
into. I don't know whether it can be automated though if you really do have thousands
of illustrations.... You *might* need to do a little bit of tweeking of the SVG
to get it to use the right namespaces and such like but I am sure that you
could automate that...

The following URL may help you find other converters...

http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/SVG-Implementations.htm8#convert

Goodluck

PS My  FOP FAQ seems to be down. That'll teach me to put stuff on a box without
production level support. Sorry folks. Feel free to shout at me by email.

It looks like I've volunteered myself to improve Apache's Official FAQ system so
maybe we'll move this off of my machine onto an official Apache one.

Alex

=====
Alex McLintock        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    Open Source Consultancy in London
OpenWeb Analysts Ltd, http://www.OWAL.co.uk/
---
SF and Computing Book News and Reviews: http://news.diversebooks.com/
Get Your XML T-Shirt <t-shirt/> at http://www.inversity.co.uk/