Hi,
    When I place a image using external-graphic without
specifying the size of the image, the image is rendered at a
fixed dpi (72 dpi perhaps). This happens even if the file
has a method of specifying dpi, like JPG files. Why does
this happen? According to the XSL spec, the image should be
placed as per the size of the image if content-width and
content-height is set to auto.
    I suppose this is a known bug/feature of fop, or I am
misinterpreting the XSL spec. Is it a difficult thing to
modify the FOP source to achieve this result. I am using
FOP-20.4. Can I expect to do this in a reasonable amount of
time? I have experience with java and c++ programming, but I
haven't really tried to hack the FOP source. Any pointers?

Ambar Roy