Although I'd appreciate the capability to produce RTF files from DocBook
documents, I really don't think FOP would be the right tool to do it. RTF
is not intended to provide full rendering capabilities, it is in scope
somewhere between docbook and FO. It mixes style and content, the illness
for which stylesheets where designed.
I think it would be feasible to produce the RTF directly with XSLT
stylesheets (it is text based anyway), and rely on Word and other RTF-aware
editors to render the document. Has anyone tried that?
I'd rather see FOP incorporate more crucial features like floats and auto
tables then simply degrade a FO file into RTF.

Marcelo Jaccoud Amaral
Petrobrás (http://www.petrobras.com.br)
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
voice: +55 21 2534-3485