----- Original Message -----
From: "Thilo Schwidurski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Well, after checking out the 0.20.5 branch I still face the exact same
> problems.

And this is (most likely) the reason: my path to the build directory
constains whitespace characters (a fragment of it is the W2K "Dokumente und
Einstellungen"), so the URI constructor throws a MalformedURIException. If I
had posted my complete path instead of "\[...]\xml-fop" you probably would
have been able to tell me earlier. Dammit. So much about red herrings... :-/

The problem is, that the "Path contains invalid character: " message which
the MalformedURIException gets initialized with is not transported to the
user, but the (less specific) message "no protocol: ".

Anyway, my resolution for this problem is clear now... ;-)

Bye,
Thilo.