Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> J.Pietschmann wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I polished the FOP API proposal at
> >  http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?FOPAvalonization
> > a bit. Everybody is invited to review and add content. The discussion
> > points are after the code near the end.
>
> Took just a quick look. The "Component" interface is deprecated. We used
> "Composable" that returned a Component, but it was not really needed and
> only a problem with using things that could not have that marked
> interface applied.
>
> Now it's Serviceable, and it returns an Object.
>
> I'll look at it in more detail later.

BTW, why do you use your own implementation of org.apache.fop.api.Source?
And why do you not use org.apache.excalibur.source.Source instead, and use
org.apache.excalibur.xml.dom.DOMParser and
org.apache.excalibur.xml.sax.SAXParser to get the content for you
StreamSource or SAXSource?

This would help to a more concerted action.

Stephan Michels.