Hi All,

I think it is generally quite good and thorough. There are some areas I'm not sure
about.

For the configuration with the FOProcessor and the Renderer how does it work.
Is the renderer configuration inside the FOP configuration and therefore done
inside the FOProcessor. How should it work when the renderer is set on the
FOProcessor. That could be done through the Factory but that only works for
particular uses.

With the image resolver. Why do we need to have an ImageResolver and how
does this relate to the other SourceResolver. Does the image resolver take the
base, url etc. and then do the resolving, lookup the image type and then create a
fop.image.Image. If so how are the various image types handled. The mimeType
parameter doesn't seem to be able to do this. Unless you want to open the stream
first, find the mime type then call this which will reopen the stream and need to do
it's own checking. How can we find the mime type which could be unknown but
handled by and external resolver.
What about opening a stream using a resolver then we can have the image loader
peek for the mime type through the image resolver. Once the mime type is found
with other info then it could pass that to the image resolver to create a fop image
which defaults to using the fop classes.

With the api.Renderer, is that a type of renderer factory. I don't understand why
you need the getXXXRenderer methods.

With the api.Source you will need to cast it to the implementation in the render
method. Would it be possible to have a common method that can be used as a
source in the Render method.

For the usage examples I think there needs to be something for configuration,
renderers and image resolving.

Keiron.