> Keiron Liddle wrote:
> > How do you jump from the first sentance to the second one. The "containing
> > page" refers to the page where the marker is first formatted not where the
> > retrieve-marker occurs.
>
> A marker generates areas after being retrieved by a retrieve-marker.
> The containing page is the page where the first, and indeed all areas
> generated by the marker after such a retrieval will occur.

Do you mean the page where the current retrieve-marker will retrieve the current
marker and add the area(s). Which we could call the current page for
convenience.
So what happens if there is no marker on the current page but there was a
marker on the previous page. This marker on the previous page generated or
retruned the first area from the retrieved marker and therefore is the "containing
page" in some context.

Another point, why have this statement:
"A qualifying area within a page is better than any qualifying area within a
preceding page,"
Unless it is possible that if there is no qualifying marker on the current page then
it
is possible to retrieve a marker from a preceding page.