> Looking at it again, I disagree.  The "containing page" is the page
> containing the first area generated or returned by the children of the
> retrieved fo:marker.  That is, the page on which the fo:retrieve-marker
> occurs in the static-content.  This will only vary if the retrieval
> forces a re-layout.

How do you jump from the first sentance to the second one. The "containing
page" refers to the page where the marker is first formatted not where the
retrieve-marker occurs.

I vote for a clarification and a re-write, the containing page is defined by the
retrieved marker, the marker to retrieve is defined by the containing page.